Collegiate StarLeague (“CSL”), is the world’s largest collegiate gaming league. Since 2009, it has awarded over $1,000,000 in scholarship money to student gamers from around the world. It has over 70,000 registered players across 1,800 registered schools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Over the course of the next 10 years, every major and minor College and University in North America will have an official esports program and/or varsity sanctioned teams with scholarships on its campus.
As the ‘best-in-class’ brand name in amateur/semi-pro/collegiate esports, Collegiate Starleague (CSL) and WorldGaming Network is searching for their first Director of Business Development whose main focus will be to help guide these institutions through this new endeavor and to facilitate ad sales.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), the Director of Business Development will be an individual ready to lead the charge on all fronts, helping to grow, strategize, market and operate all facets of our new service.
What qualities does it take to be successful in this role?
· You are a growth hacker ready to propel a new marketing/revenue channel to astronomical heights
· You are a highly skilled networker, adept at building long term relationships across all levels of any organization
· Your strong work ethic is admired by both colleagues and competitors
· You have an eternally optimistic attitude
· You have an undeniable passion for gaming and deep understanding of the esports industry
· Your communication skills (both written and verbal) are equal parts professional, authentic, and persuasive
· Build external relationships with collegiate Administrators, Athletic Directors, Coaches, and Players
· Build internal relationships across all CSL teams/departments
· Identify new expansion opportunities, markets, and industry developments
· Utilize your network of collegiate stakeholders to sell esport development services and further the esports community
· Maximize opportunities afforded by WGN/CSL’s existing clients/relationships
· Develop and manage strategic partnerships with schools, brands, and game publishers
· Direct marketing efforts and work closely with creative team to strategize/create marketing assets
· Support operations planning and execution by assessing business development opportunities in the marketplace
· Proactively obtain feedback from clients/partners to ensure services are continuously improved
· Collaborate with the CCO in setting weekly, quarterly and annual KPIs and revenue targets
· Implement and execute on strategies/plans that align with short-term and long-term objectives
· Develop proposals and presentations for both internal and external purposes
· Provide regular performance updates to senior leadership team
· Support sale of advertisements
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education, Work Experience Requirements and/or Competencies:
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or related field
· Proven business development, sales or marketing experience, exhibiting YOY improvements/growth in revenue, partnerships, and deal closings (preferably in esports sector)
· 3+ years experience in esports; sales, sales support, operations
· Familiarity with overall college campus business operations, athletic department operations, student life dynamics, etc. are a plus
· Effective communication skills
· Strong business acumen
· Detail oriented and persuasive
· This role is based in Philadelphia, PA; Candidates must be qualified to work in the USA
Collegiate StarLeague (“CSL”), is the world’s largest collegiate gaming league. Since 2009, it has awarded over $800,000 in scholarship money to student gamers from around the world. It has over 70,000 registered players across 1,800 registered schools.
WorldGaming Network (“WGN”), is a leading gaming platform that facilitates tournaments, leagues and gaming ladders for the amateur, semi-pro, and competitive gaming community both online and in live venues.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application was submitted successfully.