Car Wash Owners Network (“CWON” or the “Company”) is a newly formed platform created by Access Holdings, a Baltimore based private equity firm with approximately $0.9 billion of AUM, to build a portfolio of market-leading car wash operations in purposefully identified MSAs.
Formed in 2019, CWON recently completed the acquisition of Cobblestone Auto Spa, the largest car wash operator in the highly attractive Phoenix, AZ market. Cobblestone currently operates a network of 27 express and full-service car wash locations and, via its robust development pipeline, will increase its network to 42 locations over the next 12 months. This expansion plan will make Cobblestone one of the top 7 car wash operators in the United States.
The Company’s objective is to continue executing on its aggressive growth plan and solidify its position as a dominant player in the car wash industry, which is a component of the growing service-based economy. Consumer preferences for “Do-It-For-Me” services combined with record levels of owned vehicles and vehicle utilization in the United States are driving higher demand for express car wash services.
CWON is targeting 4-5 additional platform acquisitions in partnership with regional owner/operators in purposefully selected geographies to build independent, dominant car wash platforms that will leverage the size, scale, and best practices of the entire Company. CWON is targeting the most optimal geographies based on its proprietary model and set of criteria to identify the most attractive markets to acquire and expand express car wash networks.
Through acquisitions and de novo developments, CWON is seeking to build a platform with 100+ car wash locations in 5-6 MSAs over the next 3-4 years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) will be responsible for leading the Company’s operations and overseeing future expansion into the Oklahoma City market and other incremental, purposefully selected geographies. The Company is the leading provider of express car washes in Oklahoma City and is well positioned to execute on its strategy to expand its presence within the market through new site development, strategic add-on acquisitions, and growth of its customer subscription base. The COO will also oversee operations in incremental geographies as the Company acquires market-dominant positions and expands its presence with de novo site builds and add-on acquisitions. The Chief Operating Officer will join an existing network of exceptional car wash operators who currently own leading positions within the Company’s existing markets and have developed a winning playbook that can be leveraged across multiple geographies.
· Deep expertise in multi-unit operations and developing business model processes for optimal performance across a system of company-owned units
· Prior senior-level leadership of retail operations with proven ability to optimize labor utilization, hiring, and training of employees
· Demonstrated ability to lead a regional expansion through new site identification, development, and ramp, and execute add-on acquisitions and integration
· Experience with consumer service membership/subscription model businesses and growing a customer network via professional sales processes and a digital marketing and social media strategy
· Expertise implementing systematic processes and initiatives to scale businesses and monetize ongoing network expansion
· Highly analytical individual who uses data and metrics for decision making and translates data-driven planning into actions with a strong sense of urgency
· Proven ability to develop high-performing teams and recruit and develop professional talent within a rapid-growth organization
Strategy, Planning and Management:
· Lead the execution of the Company’s growth plan within its purposefully selected regions in order to build leading car wash networks within local markets.
· Identify areas for new site development, including site identification, real estate negotiation, permitting, store design, contractor evaluation, and management of the build process
· Identify accretive add-on acquisitions and engage with sellers and CWON corporate development resources.
· Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by the organization.
· Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization relative to long- term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
· Provide insight and recommendations on both the short-term and long- term growth plans of the organization.
· Create and establish annual performance objectives that align with the Company's strategic plan and growth aspirations.
· Establish and execute business model processes to adopt throughout the local region and, as appropriate, the entire organization.
· Recruit and develop a talented field organization to execute on the strategic plans and initiatives developed by the Company.
· Establish and drive quarterly and annual operational and financial business goals.
· Own performance relative to the established goals and initiatives and ensure widespread communication and employee commitment to organizational goals.
· Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide specific action items in response to variances from plan and ways to enhance organic growth.
· Develop and execute business initiatives, de novo site launches, and new service offerings.
Sales and Marketing:
· Implement a digital marketing and social media strategy that differentiates the brand in the local market, grows the monthly subscriber base, promotes the customer experience, and drives customer volume.
· Leverage the network effect of a leading position within the local market to quickly ramp new units and optimize customer loyalty.
· Run a successful unlimited-use membership program to further solidify a dominant presence in the market.
· Recruit human capital resource(s) to own and drive a digital and social media marketing strategy.
Education, Work Experience Requirements and/or Competencies:
· Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field
· Background in operational or logistics consulting with a large consulting firm viewed favorably
· 5+ years experience in an Operations leadership position in a medium sized company ($100+ million revenue); private equity-backed company experience is a plus
· 12+ years total strategy and operations experience within multi-unit operations (strong preference from car wash industry and/or gas station, convenience store, quick lube)
· Experience assimilating and integrating multi-site operations driven by very active de novo development and M&A programs
· Experience building and implementing a consumer-facing digital platform
· Track record of building, leading, and mentoring successful teams
· Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
· Outstanding communication and presentation skills
· Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence with a strong sense of urgency for achieving results
Your application was submitted successfully.