Access Holdings Overview
Founded in 2013, Access Holdings (“Access”) is a Baltimore-based private investment firm with $1 billion of Assets Under Management (“AUM”). Access makes direct investments in essential service-based businesses with enterprise values between $50 million - $1 billion. Access Holdings takes a research based, thematic approach to investing, looking to acquire businesses in niche service industries that are positioned to outperform. Access seeks to create value over time through active management oversight and support its portfolio company partners.
The Senior Business Development Representative (SBDR) will be part of the Access Holdings value creation team, providing expertise in lead generation, prospect/customer engagement and M&A deal sourcing support. Working closely with investment team professionals and portfolio company managers, the SBDR will conduct research on markets and target companies, develop and execute outreach campaigns, facilitate engagement with prospective sellers and/or customers and support origination of new M&A deals (and/or acquisition of target customers). The SBDR will demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong analytical and digital acumen. As a key member of the value creation team, the SBDR will help define and execute the strategy for enhancing sourcing of M&A leads by leveraging digital technology and other contemporary sales/acquisition practices.
- Collaborate in the continued planning and implementation of contemporary lead generation practices (e.g., digital outreach, social, etc.) within Access Holdings and across portfolio companies to enhance the volume and velocity of opportunities
- Drive the creation and launch of marketing campaigns through Pardot and Salesforce to generate engaged leads for investment teams and portfolio companies
- Scope, lead and conduct detailed research on potential targets and build/curate high quality lists for outreach
- Work with relevant individuals to obtain or develop content that will be useful to campaign execution and lead generation effectiveness
- Initiate contact with potential targets/customers through cold-calling, e-mails or responding to inquiries generated from advertisements and marketing campaigns.
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with business owners in priority markets (tied to Access’ investment strategies)
- Move engaged leads through the targeting and screening process, connect them to an investment professional or M&A leader when appropriate, and arrange in-person meetings, emails and follow-up phone calls
- Performing follow-up calls or emails and facilitating nurture communication with prospects who have yet to engage or who deferred engagement
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Update lead generation information in Salesforce and provide regular updates on progress
- Oversee the team’s use of automated tools (e.g., Salesforce, Pardot, ZoomInfo, etc.) and regularly identify and evaluate enhancements (e.g. additional tools, features, etc.)
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- 3-5 years experience in a business development, lead generation or consultative sales role
- M&A exposure or ”buy side” experience a plus
- Working experience with Salesforce, Pardot, ZoomInfo and/or other relevant demand generation and customer engagement tools
- Bachelor's degree (marketing, communications, or business a plus)
- Strong telephone and interpersonal (written and oral) communication, teamworking, and customer engagement skills.
- Excellent time management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as being a productive team member
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make new connections with prospects
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales/customer acquisition techniques (including cold calls)
- Self starter; thrives on trying and adapting new approaches to accomplish key goals
- Naturally curious and inquisitive
- “Hands on” professional; willing and able to plan and execute detail tasks to achieve goals
- Great communicator – written or verbal, who thrives on talking to new people
- Professionally competitive, in a balanced way
- Grit, perseverance and a passion to succeed
- Relationship builder with professional maturity and diplomacy skills
- Results-driven and goal oriented
Please email your resume to (email@example.com)