Access Holdings Overview
Founded in 2013, Access Holdings (“Access”) is a Baltimore-based private investment firm with approximately $1 billion of Assets Under Management (“AUM”). Access makes direct investments in essential service-based businesses with enterprise value between $50 million - $1 billion. Access Holdings takes a research-based, thematic approach to investing, looking to acquire businesses in niche service industries that are positioned to outperform. Access seeks to create value over time through active management oversight and support of its portfolio company partners.
The tax manager will provide domestic and international tax compliance and reporting support for the firm and its private equity funds. Leveraging several years of experience from either public and/or corporate role, the tax manager will provide partnership and structuring support to members of Access team while interfacing directly with legal counsel, tax providers, and other third-party vendor. The tax manager will also be responsible for developing and implementing best practices for tax compliance and reporting.
This opportunity requires an outstanding candidate with a positive attitude, disciplined and detailed approach, and be able to think creatively and outside of the box. You will join a growing team of private equity professionals whose achievements come as a result of hard work, ingenuity and consistently exceeding expectations. Access is dedicated to finding professionals who possess the drive and initiative to enhance our firm’s performance while serving as a trusted partner to the senior leaders of the firm.
- Manage the tax compliance and reporting process for the firm and its private equity funds
- Overseeing service providers to ensure accurate and timely delivery of filings and K1s
- Gathering and analyzing complex financial information for purposes of tax determinations and tax reform reporting
- Review tax procedures at portfolio companies; includes managing the collection of tax information from underlying portfolios
- Researching tax treatment, assess best practices, and make recommendations based on findings related to all transactions
- Prepare complex tax projections and tax estimates for Limited Partners' inquiries and/or ad-hoc requests
- Coordinating with internal members of the accounting/finance team as well as third party service providers to ensure proper accounting of transactions, correct allocation of partnership income, and coordinating and reviewing tax provision for corporate entities.
- Establish and implement tax reporting/filing guidelines and cadence for the firm
- Maintain strong internal controls and keep process documentation up-to-date
- Provide general tax support to all levels of the organization including investment team, external tax and legal teams, and portfolio companies
- Supporting investment team, finance/accounting team, portfolio companies & liaising with other divisions of the access team, as needed
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- CPA and/or MST or similar
- 5+ years of private equity / corporate accounting and/or public accounting experience (Big 4 public accounting background is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of tax regulations at both the federal and state levels, international experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working in a small, entrepreneurial team
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and capital structure
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Competency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior management (internal & external)
- Appetite to become a subject matter expert in broad and diverse industries
- Low ego, consultative style with an ability to influence through use of data, analysis and experience
- Organized and resourceful with an ability to get things done
- Hands on, energetic and collaborative team player
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working within a small, entrepreneurial team
- A self-starter with a close attention to detail and a high level of initiative
- Passion for learning about new industries, business models, and companies
- Constantly looking ahead; anticipating and guiding (proactively)
- Consistent and effective communicator
- Self-initiating but in an aligned manner with Access’ strategy and culture
- Excels with building internal and external alignment on ideas, actions, recommendations, etc.
- Curious, creative and ambitious
- Outstanding collaborator across all levels
- Carries and conveys a healthy sense of urgency